Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Potential.

Blooms.


From our strawberry patch.
We should have fruit soon, if the rabbits don't nibble them clean first.

~

Dirt.


Vegetable-ready. This summer will be the first time in a long while that we try for a garden.

~

Ingredients.


Simple and basic.


It doesn't take much to whip up some chocolate goodness.*


And there's plenty to share.

Potential. It's everywhere. In the first signs of the season, in the rich soil overturned, in an uncomplicated recipe that yields the best dessert. A pinch of willing, a scoop of desire, a cupful of determination; that's my strategy for tackling summer projects.

The berries.
The garden.
(That novel.)

What are you cultivating over the next few months?

* My version of Lisa's Poor Man's Cake. Click here for her post and the recipe, then pass it on.

7 comments:

  1. Love this, Christi! Especially: "A pinch of willing, a scoop of desire, a cupful of determination; that's my strategy for tackling summer projects."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam. I know you have lots of great writing planned for the summer. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I can see you tackling all kinds of projects this summer -- keep us posted on the gardening. We can share "green thumb" tips. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting my seeds and seedlings this weekend, Sarah, and I'll definitely keep you updated. Your thumb is much greener than mine! :)

      Delete
  3. I will embrace that "scoop of desire" with my own herb garden in a raised bed this year - basil, dill, thyme, parsley - all the basics for the kind of cooking I like to do when I'm not in front of the computer. A whiff of basil always makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, basil. Really, all those herbs sound perfect. I can't wait to get a few of those planted! Have fun with your garden!

      Delete
  4. I love the optimism of this post, Christi! Thank you for setting me in the right direction today.

    ReplyDelete